It’s critical to keep electronics cool.
That’s what Nanotherm does.
A rule of thumb in the electronics industry is that a 20°C temperature reduction brings significant benefits – typically:
- A quadrupling of the product life
- Improve power handling by around 2x
- Increase efficiency by almost 10%
This is what our products are designed to do. We don’t always deliver a 20°C reduction in temperature – sometimes it is only 10°C , sometimes it is 40°C. But, when you are facing a thermal management challenge, we have a high-performing product that will suit.
Our thermal substrates are currently commercially available in two flavours:
- Nanotherm LC – the highest thermal performance MCPCB (Metal Clad PCB) on the market
- Nanotherm DM – our award winning AIN (aluminium nitride) alternative for extreme thermal management.
We also have two products that that are currently under development:
- Flexible substrates – by applying our patented Nanoceramic to aluminium foil we can produce a thermally conductive, flexible, substrate that is unique in the market.
- Chip-on-Heatsink – we can integrate the thermal PCB into the heatsink – eliminating the cost of thermal interface material, assembly cost, and of course the MCPCB itself. This need not be a heatsink – it could be a structural component, a mechanical housing for an engine management system – or even mounting power transistors onto a hermetically sealed weatherproof case.
If you want to achieve the lowest cost for your system, consider how good thermal management will allow you to achieve more with less. That’s what Nanotherm can deliver.